The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

"Good Stuff" Stories - Accomplishments & Other Good Things

Started by cc, April 18, 2021, 01:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Woman Becomes a Nurse Practitioner at the Same Hospital She Was a Custodian 10 Years Ago[/url][/b]

Jaines Andrade's ID badges show her progression from custodian to nurse to nurse practitioner at Baystate Health in Springfield, Mass.

https://img.theepochtimes.com/assets/uploads/2021/04/16/nurses-delight-662693-1200x888.jpg">

Jaines Andrades, now 30, began working as a custodian at Baystate Health in Springfield, Massachusetts, when she was 19 years old. The then-student had applied to every department at the Baystate when she got a call for a custodian job.

She admits that her initial thought process was to get a job that would provide a reliable income.

"I knew I was also going to start nursing school so I thought kill two birds with one stone: get some good exposure, as well as have something reliable," she said.

Her routine chores at that time included cleaning the day stay unit, but she always hoped to one day work in the same building as a nurse.

The hardworking woman worked as a custodian for four long years while she was in nursing school, eventually earning her bachelor's degree in 2014.

Jaines Andrades graduating nursing school in 2014.

https://img.theepochtimes.com/assets/uploads/2021/04/16/nurses-delight-662692.jpg">

However, after her graduation, she wasn't immediately hired as a nurse at Baystate. She instead went to work as a nurse at a local jail and then at an outpatient substance abuse clinic.

Two years later, in 2016, when she went to a nurse practitioner school, Jaines decided to apply to Baystate again. Fortunately, she was hired by the hospital the following year, and this time she was working as a nurse with heart failure patients.

Jaines Andrades graduating as a nurse practitioner in 2020

https://img.theepochtimes.com/assets/uploads/2021/04/16/nurses-delight-662690.jpg">

In September 2020, when she finished training at the nurse practitioner school, she was hired for a third time by Baystate, as a nurse practitioner working with trauma patients.

Nurse practitioners are advanced practice registered nurses and are trained to order and interpret lab tests, diagnose diseases, and prescribe treatment plans.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Awesome thread. I respect people who achieve instead of feel sorry for themselves.

[media]
">
[/media]

Anonymous

I like this thread cc....I'll see what I can contribute.

Anonymous

Alberta's oil and gas industry lifted so many families out of poverty and produced so many success stories.

Troy Edmund Ducharme (1946-2014)

Born: Westlock, Alberta

The oil and gas industry is the only business Troy Ducharme ever knew, beginning as a 17-year-old rig hand in 1963 and ending with his passing at 67 in 2014—a career that spanned five decades and took Troy from the Middle East to the oilsands of northeastern Alberta.

A native of Westlock, Troy signed on with Hi-Tower Drilling in 1963 and in just two years moved up to the position of driller.

Two years later he caught what he called his big break and joined Christensen Diamond Products as a core hand and diamond bit representative. His first posting was to Beirut, Lebanon, and then to Evaz, Iran, where he made a name for himself by running a 12.25- inch bit on a Reading & Bates rig for 5,000 feet without tripping, at the time a world record. He followed that feat up by drilling 2,700 feet to completion with an 8.5-inch diamond bit, another record.

Troy returned to Canada with Christensen as a sales representative before striking out on his own in 1976 with the launch of a wellsite trailer company, Ducharme Oilfield Rentals, which designed the first adjustable housing for horizontal drilling, and Rapid Camp Sales & Service, a manufacturing facility for wellsite trailers.

In 1993, Troy expanded his reach with the acquisition of Slotco Manufacturing and another slotting company, G&L Oilfield Services. He merged the two to create G&L Slotco Oilfield Services, which perfected slotting and seaming liner technologies used throughout the SAGD sector of the oilsands industry and in seven countries around the world. G&L Slotco was acquired by the Regent Energy Group in 2014.

"Troy's contribution to Canada's service and supply sector was enormous, and this sale ultimately enabled Troy to continue to deliver the highest-quality product and service to the world, which was always his utmost priority," Precision Drilling founder Hank Swartout said in nominating Troy to the Canadian Petroleum Hall of Fame.

Other companies launched or acquired by Troy include Dynaslot, acquired and folded into G&L Slotco in 1998; Tree Savers International, launched in 1998 and acquired by Stinger Wellhead Protection in 2003; Infinistar Energy Services, a Houston company active in the coil tubing industry, launched in 2004 and acquired by Weatherford five years later; and Rhinokore Composite Solutions, which manufactures a thermoplastic honeycomb core material used in rig mats, insulated frac tank systems and other construction applications and was acquired in 2011.

In 2016, the Ducharme family completed a $1-million donation to the Hotchkiss Brain Institute at the University of Calgary to help fund ongoing research into multiple sclerosis following up on Troy's earlier donations that helped launch the University's multiple sclerosis research lab.

https://www.canadianpetroleumhalloffame.ca/Troy-Edmund-Ducharme.html">https://www.canadianpetroleumhalloffame ... harme.html">https://www.canadianpetroleumhalloffame.ca/Troy-Edmund-Ducharme.html

Anonymous

I know people that have moved up the ladder. But, nobody here would know who they are.

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=408729 time=1618778120 user_id=1689
I know people that have moved up the ladder. But, nobody here would know who they are.

I'll be you do. Your own life was non-stop taking on obstacles and working through them to rise over them .. and you were very successful in your industry

and it's not just "moving up the ladder" per se  that meets the title .. . it's human effort through adversity  to improve the self and others

for some it's simply surviving great adversity and / or calamity to hold one's own .. stories we may have witnessed or experienced (or not) that are never told

That said, maybe we can find some fitting stories to post here. Thomas Sowell was one, others are less known and less dramatic but worthy of posting. That's why I started with one we never knew about

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=408725 time=1618772189 user_id=3254
Alberta's oil and gas industry lifted so many families out of poverty and produced so many success stories.

Troy Edmund Ducharme (1946-2014)

A great story of major accomplishment

Anonymous

I've been reading about Thomas Sowell..

His whole life has been a good stuff story.

Anonymous

Herman Cain overcame poverty to achieve many things in business, in the public arena, and philanthropy.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=409050 time=1619106929 user_id=3254
I've been reading about Thomas Sowell..

His whole life has been a good stuff story.

Yes. He overcame great obstacles .. and even if he didn't, his ability to not only see things that are wrong, but able to clearly explain in clear terms "why" they are wrong

He has become a major hero to me

Cain, quite different person, did amazing things from a poor start ...  and was also able to explain issues in easy to understand terms

Anonymous